Sunday, April 12, 2015

I Refuse!



I absolutely love this song!

"This world needs God, but it's easier to stand and watch
I could say a prayer and just move on
like nothin's wrong
But I refuse
cause I don't wanna live like I don't care
I don't wanna say another empty prayer
Oh I refuse, to sit around and wait for someone else
To do what God has called me to do myself
Oh I could choose not to move
but I refuse"


Everyday we make choices in our life. We choose what time we wake up, what we eat, what we do with our day. There are little small things that people do that can make a world of a difference in someone else's life. I think this video captures it perfectly. 




There is so much hope and joy in this world to be spread around to everyone. I love helping other people. I don't care how I do it I just really enjoy doing it. Lately I have not been doing it as much because I let myself get caught up in my own problems. I forget how good it feels to really be able to help someone out and feel like you are making a difference in their lives. And it makes me take care of myself better when I am doing these things. Like I know if I am going to be doing outreach work with my amazing church The Crossing I know I have to make myself eat something so I have energy to be able to contribute my fair share to the group. I am kind of in a weird place right now with my eating disorder. And I just had a slightly manic episode but meds are fixed and things are evening out now. I'm starting a new job. I feel like things are really going well for me lately. God just keeps blessing me with the people I need for support and He has gotten me through a sort of roller coaster of a month. Now that I am finally feeling like I am on more solid ground I think I will be able to do so much more than I can even imagine right now. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment